Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Sportswear for Every Season (Golfing Jacket), c. 1940s

Hands up who loves Lumber Jackets? (Me, me!).

free vintage knitting patterns 1940s knitted lumber jacket golf womens



































This cute little golfing jacket comes from Lincoln Book 687, Handknit Sportswear for Every Season.
I particularly love the little pockets (for your tees) and the cables running down each arm.
Very smart!

Knitting in fingering weight yarn on 3.25mm and 3mm needles, this jacket fits a 33-35 inch bust.
I hope you like it!

(as always, right click on the image to open in a new window for the larger version).


4 comments:

Knitting-twitter said...

thank you very much for the great jacket,
ciao ciao from Switzerland, Christa

Renée said...

And me! Thank you for sharing another great pattern!

Claire Gittins said...

This is a fab pattern. Thank you for sharing x

Jessica Cangiano said...

*Shots hand up in the air immediately!* Me, me!!! They're awesome and so perfectly well suited to my short, curvy body and yet...I don't own a single one right now. Hmmm, perhaps 2014 is the year I finally remedy for the first time in a good long while.

♥ Jessica